Visit the PTD: Pokemon Center - a place to trade pokemon, get your Daily Code, adopt Pokemon, view your items and change your avatar!
Countdown to PTD 2 Story Mode -
The next release of PTD 2 will have the very first quest, below you will find out the progress that I need to accomplish to reach this release. More things will be added and updated as I work on the game. Keep coming back to see my progress.
New Story Level! Pokemon Center update! v1.12 (08/24/12): Released now!
- Added a new title screen made by our artist Kevin!
- Level 1 quest - Dream Training
- Level Layout
- Level Waves
- Add story profile screen
- Walking around feature
- Collision map- Setting the hitboxes on level objects.
- Level Boundaries - Levels won't scroll past their edge.
- Character Boundaries - Your character will stay in the middle of the screen until it hits the edge of a level then it will be able to keep walking to the edge.
- Added Depth Sorting to Level Objects - Depth will now be sorted for all objects in the map.
- Create New Bark Town Map
- Create Forest Spot Map
- Create Lab Map
- Create Your House Map
- Your Room
- Family Room
- Create Other House Maps
- Connect different map together - Allows for entering into a different area.
- Story Mode Graphics will now be from the GBA games instead of the DS games - The DS graphics are not easily available like the GBA graphics.
- Added a much requested feature to the Pokemon Center! You can now search for trades that must have a request, or not have a request or both!
- Added the pokemon's current attacks to the "Buy Pokemon" screen
- Fixed a bug in level 3 pokemon getting whiter if you keep bringing them in and out
- Added missing attacks to Pikachu (Tail Whip) and Spearow(Leer)
- Removed Butterfree and Beedrill unlockables until you can earn enough experience to reach level 10
- Added a small global cooldown (0.6 sec) when a pokemon is placed on the field, this will prevent pokemon from attacking instantly upon their arrival, it also gives the opponent a possible free hit when you are swapping pokemon
- Fixed a stacking graphical bug on the party screen
Essentially Hero Tower Defense has been put on indefinite hold. We still love the idea and would love to start it up again but a number of things didn't work out for this project. We went for a high quality of hand drawn graphics that we thought we could achieve in a short time but the reality is that these graphics will take years in man hours to create and we don't have the resources to complete them. This is why we switched to 3D graphics but with our limited resources this was still an issue. If HTD comes back it will have a very simplistic style similar to the mobile game BattleHeart. Another big issue is that I'm the only programmer and my time is split between PTD and HTD. With PTD 1 being over my deal with Dan was to move to HTD more full time and only do PTD2 part time. But because of the graphic issues and the slow speed of development I didn't really have a choice but to move to PTD 2 at full force. (Also you guys wanted PTD2 more!) It is really hard to code two different engines at the same time. Even if they are the same genre (tower defense). Like I said I do hope this game will come back at some point in some shape or another.
ANPO has evolved! -
ANPO or Creatures Universe has evolved! I left a secret label in the blog post but nobody seemed to notice, and if they did they didn't mention it. "nadpto" if you change it around becomes "anpotd"! If you read the HTD update you will note that I said building two engines is hard work. Work that I don't have the time or resources to do right now. So I had this grand idea to expand PTD2 and have an overworld and seeing pokemon in the wild. Those are ideas from ANPO. So why not use the same engine that PTD 2 will use and have our designers come up with new creatures, new stories, new attacks, new abilities, and new graphics for all of these to make a new game? This is the idea of ANPO TD (Creatures Universe TD). What this means is I get to focus fully on PTD2's engine and I get 2 different games out of it. For you it means you get to have PTD2 faster than if we worked on a different full game at the same time and you get a whole new game a long with it! The games will have many differences so don't think this is just a quick re-skin. We plan to have a Kickstarter for it to help us out with paying the designers and being able to keep you entertained. What do you think?
Thanks guys for the continued support, we have great things coming your way that I hope you will be excited for, I know you are all looking forward to the story mode (look at that poll!) so I'm doing my best to get it to you while still providing you with updates.
As always let me know what you think!